Artificial Synthetic Turf Grass
Artificial synthetic turf grass for homes and businesses
Artificial Grass & Synthetic Turf Accessories For:
Landscapes • Putting Greens • Playgrounds • Sports • Dogs & Pets
Since the onset of the California drought, synthetic turf grass makes more and more sense. Sure, the initial cost of installing a natural lawn might be less than the cost of artificial grass. However, a customer can make that money back (and then some) in roughly 2.5 years.
For a typical 1,200 square-foot natural grass lawn, the installation cost about $2.50 per square foot. This comes out to $3,000. With an irrigation system, this cost can creep up to $4,500.
On the other hand, a standard 1,200 square-foot synthetic turf lawn can cost about $8.00 per square foot. This comes out to $10,800 (no irrigation system necessary).
If we include the maintenance required for a natural lawn (which covers irrigation, fertilization, chemicals, irrigation repairs, and more), the total annual cost is approximately $2,268. But if we look at a synthetic lawn, the annual maintenance cost is around $175. Synthetic turf usually only requires cleaning with an annual power brush to fluff the blades.
The choices to save money, time and water are yours! Consider these calculations and invest in a lawn that works for you.
Why choose synthetic turf (artificial grass) for your property?
- Low maintenance: Once it’s installed, artificial turf requires very little mowing or watering.
- No need for a lawnmower: Lawnmowers can become costly, need regulars repair and account for five percent of the country’s air pollution.
- No fertilizers or weed killers: Synthetic turf only requires certain types of infill to help the blades stand tall. SGW infill products are safe and non-toxic to people and the environment.
- Environmentally friendly: Synthetic grass helps air quality by eliminating gardening equipment and also saves a ton of water (in both quality and quantity). According to the Sacramento Bee, a typical natural turf lawn requires 55 gallons of water per square foot per year (which equals 44,000 gallons of water for an 800 square foot lawn). With artificial grass, you can save up to 660,000 gallons over 15 years!
- Forget about pulling weeds! Most synthetic turf companies offer a specific weed fabric that’s designed to block weeds from creeping through your synthetic grass.
- Long lasting: Synthetic grass can last up to 15 years before you need to replace it. Most synthetic turf products are built with the latest synthetic turf technology. As a result, it can withstand heavy foot traffic and most weather conditions.
- Superior Drainage: Unlike natural grass, synthetic grass drains at a higher rate and will not accrue mud or potholes. It also dries faster and provides a more ideal space for outdoor activities.
- Strong and durable: Most artificial turf blades are tufted into the polyurethane backing and each individual blade is designed to handle large amounts of foot traffic. Feel free to play all kinds of activities on your synthetic grass.
- Looks beautiful: Synthetic grass always appears perfectly groomed and remains green year round.
Saves Time: Instead of spending the weekends manicuring the lawn, you can spend more time relaxing on your yard!