Thinking about starting a new flooring project but searching for a flooring store in Bakersfield? Check out some of these common FAQs from new customers, and get the information you need to start your project.
Are you on Google searching for a “flooring company near me”?
Then you’ve come to the right place. Carpet Cave is located in downtown Bakersfield, and it’s been the trusted and go-to flooring store in Bakersfield for over four decades. Learn more about Carpet Cave.
Wondering if Carpet Cave offers wholesale flooring in Bakersfield?
We do. As a matter of fact, we’ve managed to build strong relationships with a variety of top-of-the-line flooring vendors. Because of this, we have a unique advantage over any other Bakersfield flooring company. We can offer you exclusive options for wholesale flooring in Bakersfield. Ask us about it by calling 661.327.9742.
Searching for flooring installation in Bakersfield, CA?
Not only can we help you find and finance the right products for your flooring project, but we can also help you leverage the best flooring installation in Bakersfield, CA. We’ll come out and measure your floor and provide you with an in-depth flooring estimate — and all for free. Afterward, you can remain confident knowing that you’ll only work with licensed and bonded flooring installers in Bakersfield, CA.
Looking for commercial flooring in Bakersfield?
From synthetic turf to luxury vinyl tile, we have it all. This also includes commercial flooring options. Let us help you find the right set up for your commercial building. Check out our commercial carpet and commercial hard surface options.
Trying to figure out how much flooring you need?
Then check out our yardage calculator. All you need is a tape measure, and our flooring calculator can provide you with a rough estimate of how much carpet you’ll need to complete your project.
Have more questions regarding Bakersfield flooring?
Stop searching for a flooring company near me. We’re here for you every step of the way. Contact Carpet Cave today to answer your most pressing flooring questions and to kickstart your next flooring project.
If you live in your home like a normal person, things are bound to get on your floor. However water stains, cat pee, and slime are definitely some of the worst things that could ever happen to your beautiful, innocent flooring. So here are a few tips to help you out the next time you find yourself asking how to remove cat pee from your carpet, water stains from your wood flooring, or slime from your carpet.
How to remove cat pee from carpet
- Using a rag or towel, blot up as much of the cat pee as possible.
- Mix a couple drops of dish detergent with a cup of warm water.
- Spray the mixture onto the cat urine (or blot the mixture onto the cat urine).
- Blot the area again with a dry rag.
- Repeat the process until the cat urine is removed.
- Follow up with a product made specifically for cat urine, such as Urine Off.
How to get slime out of carpet
Luckily for you, we’ve already covered this one. Check out our detailed article on how to get slime out of carpet.
How to remove water stains from wood flooring
- First things first, remove all the dirt and dust from the area. If the water stain is light, then you’re in luck.
- Use mineral oil (or a common household item such as butter or petroleum jelly) and a cloth to rub the water stain out of the wood. Rub the cloth in the direction of the wood grain. Leave it overnight.
- The next day, remove the remaining oil with a cloth.
- If the water stain is still present, you’ll have to use a mineral spirit like paint thinner.
- Repeat the mineral oil process using the mineral spirit, but do not leave overnight. After a few minutes, dry the area with a clean cloth.
- If the stain is still present, you may have a darker water stain than you originally thought. In this case, it’s best to consult a professional. You’ll likely need to sand the area and use harsh chemicals.
Additional Resources from Carpet Cave
For over 40 years, Carpet Cave has worked to become the go-to floor store in Bakersfield. However, this goes above and beyond simply having the right products or understanding the ins and outs of flooring installation. We are the best flooring company in Bakersfield because we have your best interests at heart. No matter what.
Let’s take a few moments to discuss why you should choose Carpet Cave for your next flooring project.
We have the products.
While having the right products isn’t everything, it does go a long way. We are constantly working with new and exciting flooring vendors to bring Bakersfield residents the latest and greatest flooring options. This includes one of the most recent vendors to hit our shelves, Phenix. Check out the benefits and features of Phenix flooring.
We have the financing.
Depending on what style of flooring you want and how big of an area you’re working with, a remodel can get expensive. That’s why we offer in-house financing through our partner Shaw Floors. Benefit from reduced rates, 0% APR, and no-interest financing options.
We have the referrals.
We like to think our product selection and our flooring jobs are top-of-the-line. We work hard to leave every customer with modern floors at prehistoric prices. But seeing is believing. Send us a message and ask to see what we’ve worked on over the years. We’d love to show you.
Your go-to floor store in Bakersfield
Looking for a floor store in Bakersfield? Wondering what Bakersfield flooring company to turn to for your next big project? We’ve got you covered. Give us a call at 661.327.9742 and let’s start a conversation about the floor of your dreams.
Additional Bakersfield flooring resources:
So you got slime on your carpet? You and every other parent out there. But don’t panic and don’t run for the scissors just yet — we’ve got the answer to your question, “How do you get slime out of carpet?”
How to get slime out of carpet
All in all, the slime-removal process is pretty simple. However, there are two important things to consider before starting the process.
- You always want to test a small area before applying any products to a large area of your carpet
- Try to act as fast as possible and avoid letting the slime sit for too long
Vinegar + Warm Water = The Ultimate DIY Solution
While there are a handful of different DIY methods for removing slime from carpet, vinegar and warm water is typically the go-to. The combination is simple and effective, and vinegar is a common household product (so hopefully you won’t need to run to the grocery store).
Here’s how to remove slime using vinegar and water:
- Mix together plain white vinegar and warm water
- The mixture should roughly be ⅔ vinegar to ⅓ water
- Add the mixture to the infected area
- Use a brush or rag to loosen the slime
- Blot-dry the area with a paper towel or rag
- Repeat the process until the slime is fully lifted
Shaw Life Guard waterproof backing system prevents any liquids from penetrating through the back of the carpet.
Carpet Cave has in stock style: Caption It / Color: Mushroom on sale for $26.00 sq. yd. Regular price is $48.00 sq. yd.
This carpet takes a modern twist from berber and adds dramatic but subtle striations and texture giving the feel of the California coastline.
In stock pricing only. Hurry while stock lasts
1/2 Off Red Tag Carpet Remnant Sale
Carpet Cave is overstocked on short roll remnants. All red tag carpet remnants that are 12 x 22 feet and under are 1/2 off the published red tag price. If the tag reads $200.00 you get it for $100.00
100’s and 100’s of short rolls of carpet remnants on sale now priced to move!