How to get slime out of carpet: The ultimate DIY method
So you got slime on your carpet? You and every other parent out there. But don’t panic and don’t run for the scissors just yet — we’ve got the answer to your question, “How do you get slime out of carpet?”
How to get slime out of carpet
All in all, the slime-removal process is pretty simple. However, there are two important things to consider before starting the process.
- You always want to test a small area before applying any products to a large area of your carpet
- Try to act as fast as possible and avoid letting the slime sit for too long
Vinegar + Warm Water = The Ultimate DIY Solution
While there are a handful of different DIY methods for removing slime from carpet, vinegar and warm water is typically the go-to. The combination is simple and effective, and vinegar is a common household product (so hopefully you won’t need to run to the grocery store).
Here’s how to remove slime using vinegar and water:
- Mix together plain white vinegar and warm water
- The mixture should roughly be ⅔ vinegar to ⅓ water
- Add the mixture to the infected area
- Use a brush or rag to loosen the slime
- Blot-dry the area with a paper towel or rag
- Repeat the process until the slime is fully lifted
- Check out our yardage calculator for help estimating your carpet needs
- Take a look at our Bakersfield flooring services
- Learn more about Carpet Cave and why we’re the best flooring company in Bakersfield
You must be logged in to post a comment.