How to remove cat pee (slime and water) from your floor
If you live in your home like a normal person, things are bound to get on your floor. However water stains, cat pee, and slime are definitely some of the worst things that could ever happen to your beautiful, innocent flooring. So here are a few tips to help you out the next time you find yourself asking how to remove cat pee from your carpet, water stains from your wood flooring, or slime from your carpet.
How to remove cat pee from carpet
- Using a rag or towel, blot up as much of the cat pee as possible.
- Mix a couple drops of dish detergent with a cup of warm water.
- Spray the mixture onto the cat urine (or blot the mixture onto the cat urine).
- Blot the area again with a dry rag.
- Repeat the process until the cat urine is removed.
- Follow up with a product made specifically for cat urine, such as Urine Off.
How to get slime out of carpet
Luckily for you, we’ve already covered this one. Check out our detailed article on how to get slime out of carpet.
How to remove water stains from wood flooring
- First things first, remove all the dirt and dust from the area. If the water stain is light, then you’re in luck.
- Use mineral oil (or a common household item such as butter or petroleum jelly) and a cloth to rub the water stain out of the wood. Rub the cloth in the direction of the wood grain. Leave it overnight.
- The next day, remove the remaining oil with a cloth.
- If the water stain is still present, you’ll have to use a mineral spirit like paint thinner.
- Repeat the mineral oil process using the mineral spirit, but do not leave overnight. After a few minutes, dry the area with a clean cloth.
- If the stain is still present, you may have a darker water stain than you originally thought. In this case, it’s best to consult a professional. You’ll likely need to sand the area and use harsh chemicals.